About CRIG » Scientist Profile
Name: Patricia L. Adu-Yeboah
Position: Agronomy Division - Research Scientist
Qualification: Bsc. (Agriculture) Ghana (Crop Agronomy); MSc. Agriculture (Weed Science), The University of Adelaide, Australia, 2013
- Evaluating herbicides for use in tree crops such as coffee, cocoa, cashew.
- Developing cost effective and efficient weed management strategies taking into consideration potential of adoption by our local farmers
- Organising farmer participatory group projects to educate farmers’ basic cultivation and farm maintenance practices through farmer’s field trials.
- Undertakes research into other agronomic practices that will improve and increase production.
Membership of Association:
- Ghana Science Association (GSA)
- Adu-Yeboah P, Malone JM, Gill G, Preston C (2014). Reduced glyphosate translocation in two glyphosate resistant populations of Rigid Ryegrass (Lolium rigidum) from fence lines in South Australia. Weed Science 62, 4-10.
- Adu-Yeboah P, Boutsalis P, Hooper P, Gill G, Preston C (2014). Use of alternative herbicide mixture to manage glyphosate-resistance Lolium rigidum Gaud along crop margins in South Australia. Crop and Pasture Science, 65, 1349-1356
- Adu-Yeboah P, F. M Amoah, A. O Dwapnyin, K. Opoku Ameyaw, M. O Opoku Agyeman, K Acheampong, M. A Dadzie, J. Yeboah and F. Owusu Ansah (2015). Effects of polybag size and seedling age at transplanting on field establishment of cashew (Anacardium occidentale L) in Northern Ghana. American Journal of ExperimentalAgriculturevol.7(5),308-314
- Patricia Adu-Yeboah, Julius Yeboah, Frank Owusu Ansah, Andrews Yaw Akrofi and Kwabena Opoku- Ameyaw (2016). Influence of root and shoot pruning on field establishment and growth of overgrown cashew (Anacardium occidentale L) seedlings. Journal of Horticulture and Forestry vol. 8(7), 51-57
- Acheampong, K., P. Hadley, A. J. Daymond, and P. Adu-Yeboah. "The influence of shade and organic fertilizer treatments on the physiology and establishment of Theobroma cacao clones." American Journal of Experimental Agriculture 6, no. 6 (2015): 347-360.