About CRIG » Scientist Profile
Name: Margaret Saka Acheampong
Position: Research Scientist (Biochemist)
Qualification: M.Phil. (Biochemistry), University of Ghana, Legon, (2013), B.Sc. (Hons.) Biochemistry, University of Ghana, Legon (2009).
Awards: Valedictorian (July 2014 Congregation), University of Ghana, Legon
- Improvement of small cocoa beans during the minor season
- Cocoa quality
- Mycoflora of coffee, cashew, kola and shea
- Biochemical basis for tolerance/susceptibility of cocoa to mirid attack
- Application of molecular biology techniques for improvement of cocoa, cashew, coffee, kola and shea
Membership of Association:
- 1. American Society of Microbiology 2. Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens 3. Ghana Science Association
- Acheampong, M.S., Ocloo, A., Wutor, V.C., and Adamafio, N.A. (2014). Physico-chemical Characteristics of Water Samples from Selected Water Bodies in and around Accra, Ghana. Journal of Pollution Research. 33(4): 213-219.
- Acheampong, M.S. (2013). Molecular characterization of Pseudomonas species from selected polluted environments in Ghana. M.Phil. Thesis. University of Ghana, Legon.