About CRIG » Scientist Profile
Name: Dr. Godfred Kweku Awudzi
Position: Entomology Division - Research Scientist
Qualification: The School of Agriculture, Policy and Development University of Reading, UK. (PhD) Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (BSc. Agriculture)
- Investigations into the use of myco-insecticides for the control and management of cocoa and coffee pests.
- Investigations into the use of plant extracts for the control and management of cocoa and coffee pests.
- Investigations into the development of monitoring and forecasting methods to inform pest management strategies.
- Investigations into improving insecticide application techniques.
Membership of Association:
- Awudzi, G. K., Ackonor, J. B., Cudjoe, A. R., Dwomoh, E. A., Sarfo, J. E. (2009). Manual for cocoa insect pests, symptoms of their damage and methods of their control. Cocoa Research Institute. Tech. Bull. No. 20, 37pp.
- Awudzi, G.; joint author (2010). Improving the does-transfer process with motorised mistblowers- An examination of spray deposition on cocoa using a two-dye method, by N. Jessop, G. Awudzi and R. Bateman. Proceedings, 16th International Cocoa Conference, Bali, Indonesia, 2010. Pp759-766.
- Awudzi, G.; joint author (2010). Insect species associated with the shea ecosystem and their control, by E. A., Dwomoh, S. K., Ahadzie, G. K., Awudzi, G. A., Somuah, and V. N., Agene. Cocoa Research Institute. Tech. Bull. No. 22, 26pp.
- Awudzi, G. K., Cudjoe, A. R., Assuah, M. K., Adu- Acheampong, R., Dwomoh, E. A., Adu-Yeboah, Patricia, Sarfo, J. E. (2012). Pesticides use in cocoa cultivation in Ghana. Cocoa Research Institute. Tech. Bull. No. 23, 36pp.
- Awudzi, G. K., Cudjoe, A. R., Hadley, P., Hatcher, P., Daymond, A. Effect of light and temperature on leaf flushing, nutrient and phenolic contents in cocoa. Proceedings, 17th International Cocoa Conference, Yaoundé, Cameroon (In Press).
- Awudzi, G. K., Asamoah, M., Owusu-Ansah, F. Hadley, P., Hatcher, P.E., Daymond, A.J. A survey of the knowledge and perception of Ghanaian Cocoa farmers on mirid control and their willingness to use mirid forecasting systems to improve control. Crop protection journal (In press).
- Awudzi, G. K. 2014. Development of an information system for mirid attack on cocoa based on the crop status and mirid population monitoring. PhD, University of Reading, Reading.